Playboy - Katy Evans

Playboy by Katy Evans is the fifth book to the much beloved Manwhore series. Technically this is a standalone but I suggest starting from the beginning to get the full effect and understand the many characters that show up throughout the story. I absolutely appreciate the chance to review this early because the teasers and cover alone had me super excited to read this book.

Weeks after a bad breakup from who she thought was The One, Wynn Watson is back in the dating scene hoping to gain some happiness back in her life. What was supposed to be a fun date turns into watching an underground poker game and somehow getting ensnared in the web of the mysterious Playboy. Gambler turned pro poker player, Cullen Carmichael lives up to his nickname every day. Finally having a certain redhead in his clutches a new game begins for Cullen to show he's the real deal and now playing for the win.

I loved that the main characters complimented each other so well and brought out a side no one else saw. Cullen was so intense and guarded, keeping anyone around him at arms length, but with Wynn by his side he became more playful and open. Wynn however I wasn't always fond of. I felt like she settled with a relationship and into a role because all her other friends getting married and put up a wall that divided her from real fun because it wasn't part of her life plan. With Cullen and his bets Wynn slowly loosened up and started living for the moments instead of trying to fit into a certain mold based off of others.

All in all Playboy was a fun, enjoyable read and the setting being in Vegas was super cool. Especially the scenes with the poker games, they felt so real it was as if I was another player experiencing the same rush as Cullen. I know for sure I want to read the other books in this series because I feel with great certainty I will love them just as much. Playboy is swoony and sinful in the best ways and definitely a book to keep a lookout for.